Monday, March 29, 2010

"Mirror Mirror On The Wall"

In the intersection of dream and consciousness, the power of will is an amazing thing. In the dream, I sat beyond the edge of observation, wondering of the actions of those I observed. I was in the fairy tale.

First, a maiden pure, then, a diabolically twisted woman--both of incredible, physical, beauty--wandered into my dreamspace. I watched their play resolve. This was what I wanted, a guiding dream. I lay and let my subconscious play, willing myself to let the dream take its own course. When the ending was reached, I woke.

I made it all happen.

How? I was speaking to the artist, who I know as renkai, of the painting posted below. There was something in his painting that evoked a strong emotional response from me. Yet, I could not quite explain what it meant to me. I asked for a guiding dream. That same night, it came.

Then, to my initial horror, I let it slip back into dreamstuff. I realize now that the details were never important, that I knew the details before I dreamed. My dream was about the power that myth plays in all our lives. There are still many chthonthian influences left in the world. The power of good art is, that it reveals.

1 comment:

  1. The painting is exquisite. And you couldn't be more right. Myth is important. It will influence us until we cease to be, no matter how forgotten it seems.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors